"Smarter Solutions – Better Results” summarizes the philosophy of Search Optics. This phrase defines what we strive to provide every day, the action and approach of all our team members, and the impression we wish to leave with our business partners.
Search Optics is a rapidly growing internet marketing company and we are seeking a Web Development Project Manager to lead our Development Team, responsible for managing projects in an agile development environment. This position is based in our San Diego, California location. Search Optics is an employee-friendly company offering excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, matching 401K, life insurance and a unique work life balance. Please visit our website at www.searchoptics.com.
-Creates project plans and BRD to determine time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project members, and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
-Utilize agile methodologies for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers and customer.
- Hold daily SCRUM meetings.
- Continuously improve our systems and processes to better serve our clients.
- Overall responsibility of ensuring all development projects launch successfully.
* Experience working with Development team in a LAMP Environment
* Minimum five (5) years of Project Management experience working on technical, application development, or business improvement projects.
* Minimum 2 years’ experience managing projects in an agile development environment.
* Experience managing a distributed team.
* Experience in working with business users to develop BRD and specification documents
* Full project lifecycle experience.
* Experience with implementation of business process redesign or the implementation of business changes within an organization.
* Proven ability to work well in a team.
* Experience managing conflicts, negotiating, and maintaining a degree of adaptability.
* Proven expertise in preparing and presenting communications to all levels of management and staff.
* Experience managing projects using tools such as Mantis, Rally, Quickbase, or other web-based project management applications desired.
* Understanding of one or more agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, DSDM, Crystal, Lean, etc.
* Agile certification is a plus.
Please create a Word doc or pdf containing the answers to the below questions and attach, along with your resume to our application page:
Please answer the following questions in 1 or 2 sentences each! Be brief!
1. Please detail your experience working in a LAMP environment?
2. Describe your experience leading a development team?
3. Describe your prior project management experience?
4. Please detail the project management systems you’ve used in the past?
5. From the list above, which agile methodologies are you familiar with? Any others not listed?