"Smarter Solutions -- Better Results" summarizes the philosophy of Search Optics. This phrase defines what we strive to provide every day, the action and approach of all our team members, and the impression we wish to leave with our business partners.
Search Optics, is a rapidly growing internet marketing company and we are seeking a full time Web Designer. Search Optics is an employee-friendly company offering excellent health, dental and vision benefits, PTO, matching 401k and life insurance. Please visit our website at www.searchoptics.com
Design duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for creating original design concepts in Adobe Photoshop for all new site designs and redesigns. Proactively offers unique design and UI suggestions to meet client needs while following best practices.
2. Establishes organized website pre-production for each project, including analyzing and interpreting assorted notes and feedback from sales representatives, clients, and operations coordinators, to determine best design solution and navigation structure for each website.
3. Assesses client needs and translates those needs into successful visual designs that deliver effective sales-oriented conversion websites.
4. Responsible for creating marketing material including newsletters, banner ads, flash creatives, and landing pages.
5. Meets with operations team and sales team to discuss project workflow, design direction, and individual client needs.
A Bachelor's degree is highly desired but not required
- Strong verbal and visual communication abilities
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop CS3 or newer
- Ability to design complete website using Photoshop
- Ability to create PSD files that can be easily translated into table-less HTML/CSS based layouts
- Working knowledge of Flash and Banner Ad creation
- Some knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 is a plus
Within each of the following categories, the successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of:
- Color theory
- Visual balance
- Informational hierarchy
- Presentation of content
- Proper use of white space
- User Experience (UX)
- User Interface (UI)
- How to meet compliance standards
- How to create effective Calls to Action
- Floats - how they work, what it does to document flow, and how to break out of it.
- Padding and its relation to width and height of object
- How to write all CSS declaratives in a single line
- The difference between ID and class and when to use each
- Recognize PHP code in server side files and understand generally purposes of code
Please create a Word doc or pdf containing the answers to the below questions and attach, along with your resume to our application page:
Please answer the following questions in 1 or 2 sentences each! Be brief!
1. What are your salary requirements?
2. How many years’ experience do you have in graphic design?
3. How many years’ experience do you have in each of the following:
4. How would you rate your knowledge of the following on a scale of 1-10?
5. Do you have a bachelor's degree?
6. Please include the URL of your web based portfolio.