Automotive Dealers Participate in Cash For Clunkers
As many of you know President Obama recently signed into law the Cash For Clunkers federal stimulus program, which provides up to $4,500 to car owners who trade in their old “clunker” for a new, more fuel efficient vehicle. Consumers can begin to qualify for the program starting July 1st and it continues until November 1st– specific rules for the program are still being worked out by the NHTSA and should be announced by the end of July.
Since its inception, several websites have been set up to offer assistance regarding the legislation. On of the most popular tools is the Clunker Calculator found on www.CashForClunkersInformation.org which helps consumers quickly determine if their current vehicle meets the 18 mpg or fewer requirements to qualify for the $4,500 voucher, as well as a list of vehicles that are ideal candidates for the vouchers. The site also offers consumers the ability to get product and pricing information directly from automotive dealers online.
According to a recent article by Wards Dealer Business dealers can start to prepare for the new legislation by:
- Automotive dealers must prepare the dealership staff members ensure they are knowledgeable enough to field basic questions from customers.
- Increasing your advertising-now is a great time to increase your Internet marketing budget to ensure you are the go to source for people interested in taking advantage of the new legislation.
- Getting the right inventory- Ideally smaller vehicles with high gas mileage, for a more detailed listing refer to website listed above.
- Establish a process for the paperwork for scrapped vehicles.
- Working with your finance companies. Be proactive and establish back-up financing, in case of rejected loan applications–most people driving older vehicles are doing so because they don’t qualify for newer ones.
Search Optics offers a variety of programs including microsites, plug-ins and marketing programs to assist automotive dealers with promoting the new cash for clunkers program.
The post Automotive Dealers Participate in Cash For Clunkers appeared first on Search Optics Blog.